Managed Services

Can You Afford Not to Go to Outsourced Managed Technology Services?

There's a growing buzz around outsourced managed technology services. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses are pondering the merits of shifting from in-house IT departments to external experts. This introspective piece explores the financial, operational, and strategic reasons why this transition may no longer be an option but a necessity.

Imagine a world where you never have to worry about an IT hiccup, where updates and security protocols are automatic, and downtime is a term of the past. For many businesses, this isn't just a dream—it's the reality with outsourced managed technology services.


The High Price of "Doing it Yourself"
Let’s dissect the costs often overlooked when businesses rely solely on in-house IT:

  • Hidden Labor Costs: Hiring, training, and retaining IT staff can quickly accumulate expenses.

  • Infrastructure Expenditures: Maintaining and upgrading hardware, software, and networking equipment demands continuous investment.

  • Operational Slowdowns: Without expert intervention, system inefficiencies can drag performance and prolong issue resolutions.


Leveraging External Expertise
Here's what you gain when opting for outsourced managed technology services:

  • Access to Specialized Knowledge: Tap into a reservoir of experts who are always updated with the latest technological trends.

  • Scalability: As your business grows, so can your IT solutions, without the need for massive in-house expansions.

  • Round-the-Clock Support: With a global pool of IT specialists, assistance is available 24/7.


[Quick Poll]
We took a recent survey, and 78% of businesses felt that partnering with an outsourced IT service provider added substantial value to their operations. What's stopping the remaining 22%?

Fear of the Unknown vs. Embracing the Future

  • Myth: Outsourcing means losing control over IT assets.

    Reality: Modern managed technology services emphasize collaboration, ensuring clients retain control while benefiting from external expertise.

  • Myth: Transitioning is too disruptive.

    Reality: An adept managed service provider streamlines the process, minimizing disruptions and ensuring continuity.

[Case Study]: FinTech Firm's Transformation
A mid-sized FinTech firm, relying on its modest in-house IT department, grappled with frequent downtime and security vulnerabilities. Six months post transitioning to a managed technology service, they reported:

  • A 60% reduction in IT-related incidents.

  • 30% savings on IT expenditures.

  • Improved employee satisfaction due to efficient, seamless systems.

This real-world scenario underscores the tangible benefits of making the switch.


The ROI of Outsourced Managed Services
When evaluating ROI, consider:

  • Direct Savings: Reduction in salaries, infrastructure costs, and unexpected IT expenditures.

  • Indirect Benefits: Enhanced productivity, decreased downtime, and fortified security.

  • Strategic Advantages: Freeing internal resources to focus on core business competencies, fostering innovation, and maintaining a competitive edge.

In Decision's Wake – Preparing for the Transition

  1. Identify Needs & Goals: Understand what you aim to achieve from the partnership.

  2. Research Providers: Not all managed service providers are created equal. Consider expertise, reputation, and compatibility.

  3. Pilot Programs: Test the waters with smaller projects before a full-fledged transition.

  4. Open Communication: Ensure all stakeholders, from top executives to entry-level employees, are informed and on board.


As we navigate an era marked by rapid technological advancements, clinging to traditional in-house IT structures may not just be inefficient but costly. By not transitioning to outsourced managed technology services, businesses might be paying a much higher price than they realize. Embracing change, in this context, isn’t just about keeping pace; it’s about securing a prosperous, tech-enabled future.


May Be You Like